Monday, January 19, 2009

God, How About Digging Around Me?

A certain Man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruits on it and found none.

Then He said to the keeper of His vine yard, “look, for three years, I have come seeking fruits on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?

But He answered and said to him, “sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it (Luke 13:6-8)

Growing up, I had tons of dreams and aspirations. Going by the graph I plotted for my life, by now, I should be a Senior Manager in a blue chip company, I should be married with two kids, my husband and I should be living in a home that belongs to us, and I should have a master’s degree from a good university in the U.K.

As we “speak” I am not married, I do not have kids, I live in a rented mini-flat and I don’t have a master’s degree YET. Mark the word YET because, it means I am work-in-progress. It means that I am not an abandoned project because God is the project manager. Things might appear to have gone out of control but God has not lost control of the affairs of my life.

I know that there is someone out there, who might be in the same boat as me. Your challenges might be in different areas but, they are still challenges. Your life might feel like a one-way ticket to no destination. The tunnel might have been so dark and endless with no flicker of light in view. You might have kicked and scratched so much that you’ve dislocated your joints and lost your nails. You have sown, watered and nurtured but have not seen any fruits YET.

I have this to say to you “hold on and wait it out”. There is nothing you are going through that is not common to man. As humongous as your challenges are, God still calls it a “light affliction” so, how about you step back, stay in prayers, continue praying and trust God one more time. He is the vine dresser. Let Him dig around you, water you and fertilize you.

You can’t quit now
Step up to the plate
Hope again
Believe again
Dream again
And you will see the Phoenix of a new dawn rise from the ashes of your delays, disappointments and pain.

Remember, the end of the matter is better than the beginning. Things might be messed up in the middle right about now but, because God is the Omega (The End), He will give your story a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment