Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank God for the Bad times

You must be joking, Uju! Thank God for the bad times indeed.

If you like conspiracy theory, you will believe that there is a high-power conspiracy in all the wicked places to oppress me to the point of loosing hope and loosing sight of God. The battles raging all around me do not make an iota of sense. Believe me when I tell you that they have been on for too long.

I must have slept for just about an hour last night. My soul was in so much turmoil that sleep eluded me completely. I tried willing my self to sleep, I counted the sheep, I prayed for sleep but it just wouldn’t come.

Before you start calling me faithless, note that I’ve been praying all day. Staying in prayers when God’s radar appears to have lost contact with your ship is nothing but pure faith.

Sometime this morning (not during my prayer session), I started thanking God for the bad times. Don’t ask me why because, I don’t know why.

I thanked God for:
the challenges at work
the challenges in my love life
the challenges in my family etc.

He is not God only in good times but God in bad times as well. I might be disturbed to the point where I can’t pay attention but God is not. I am clueless about what He is up to but He is not. As senseless as everything appears at the moment, God knows what He is doing, He knows the purpose of what He is doing and He has the power to turn things around and He will turn things around.

Even if the issues of life push you to the point of loosing your joy and hope, never loose your hold on God. If you can’t reach His hand, grab the hem of His garment. It is sturdy enough for the stability you need to rise again.

And Romans 8:35 says:

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution or famine, or nakedness or peril, or sword?

1 comment:

  1. Ok, somethings you know but until you read it or see it in black and white, they do not just sink in.

    Now I see that my misery is not cos I am losing my peace. It is cause I have lost my connection to God. And until I feel like I used to feel, I am not sure that my peace will come back.

    You see how putting things in the wrong order keeps on in bondage. Here I was thinking that I was not happy becos my life was not in the right place. But the truth is your life cannot be in the right place if you are not connected to the One who have you the life in the first place.

    ReplyDelete